Working in collaboration with the National Science Foundation (NSF), Kentucky's NSF EPSCoR assists to strengthen research and education in science and engineering. The vision of the KY NSF EPSCoR is to advance, encourage and develop long term improvements in scientific discovery, innovation and education throughout the Commonwealth.
KY NSF EPSCoR endeavors to build the national research competitiveness of Kentucky researchers and students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) disciplines through:
- facilitation and coordination of NSF EPSCoR proposals and funding
- communication and assistance to the Kentucky research community
- facilitating the incorporation of students in research opportunities
- encouragement and targeting of underrepresented groups in Kentucky to engage in STEM research
- interaction with external stakeholders
Through these activities, the Kentucky NSF EPSCoR seeks to be a catalyst in stimulating the development of a strong and sustainable Commonwealth research community.
- to develop a competitive and productive community of academic scientists
- develop science and research capacity via alignment with Kentucky’s Science and Technology (S&T) strategic plan
- to increase educational opportunities for Kentucky students via participation in research
- to increase the participation of underrepresented groups
- increase research collaborations and partnerships with the potential to benefit
- to provide strategic programs and opportunities for EPSCoR participants that stimulate sustainable improvements in their Research & Development capacity and competitiveness
- to advance science and engineering capabilities in EPSCoR jurisdictions for discovery, innovation and overall knowledge-based prosperity